This is where I will document the annoyingly slow ups and downs of this journey called "weightloss"

Friday, February 4, 2011

movie night

Tonight I am having movie night at a friend's house and she asked me to make something sweet/dessert-y, so i'm going with the tried and true yummy ginger cookies.

Big Soft Ginger Cookies
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt (optional) {do it!}
1 egg
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup margarine (I used butter)
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt and set aside. Place butter in a large bowl. Beat with mixer on low speed for 30 seconds to soften. Gradually add the cup of sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add egg and molasses, beating well. Stir dry ingredients into beaten mixture. Shape into 1 1/2" balls (about 1 heaping teaspoon of dough) (I used my smallest ice cream scoop, which measures 1 TBSP and scooped them out into uniform little domes). Roll in the 2 Tbsp of sugar, and place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 1/2" apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until light brown and still puffed. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Let stand 2 minutes then put on wire rack to cool. Makes 24-3" cookies. (When I used the Tbsp scoop, it made 41 cookies).

No comments:

Post a Comment