This is where I will document the annoyingly slow ups and downs of this journey called "weightloss"

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

salad dressing on the side ....the top side.

as i sort of mentioned before, i’ve been suffering from flaky itchy scalp for about a year now, so i decided (upon noticing a ton of ‘no poo’ stuff online) to go shampoo-less. for as long as i can do it. I started up a week and a half ago and just today put stuff in it to truly clean it out thoroughly. i had been waiting a few days and then i’d vigorously massage my scalp to remove the dirt or whatnot from my hair, and just use warm water to get some of the grease out. BUT my hair was staying greasy, so i wore my hair up a LOT. until i decided that baking soda and vinegar were the way to go. I used them today and my hair feels cleaner than when i was using shampoo.
the recipe i used was
1 Tbsp baking soda in 8 oz of water.
get your hair wet, pour the mixture through hair and massage in.
rinse well. then add 2 tbsp vinegar (this time i used white vinegar) to 8 oz water.
after you’ve thoroughly rinsed the baking soda mixture out of your hair, pour this vinegar mixture onto your hair covering well and massage in.
rinse well.
the baking soda takes out the grease and dirt. the vinegar acts as the conditioner.
sure, you kinda smell like salad dressing for a day, but it’s really worth it.
the vinegar cut down on the frizz and my hair is nice and smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment