This is where I will document the annoyingly slow ups and downs of this journey called "weightloss"

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

stopping by friends on a cold dry evening

Today.
Today was fun.
I woke up at 745am like usual and took my sister to work then came home and slept until 1130am and started to clean up the kitchen in preparation for baking. I made up some gingerbread cookie dough and put it in the fridge to chill until my friend would come and bake them with me so we could decorate christmas cookies together. my friend was a bit late, so i went about my way baking them all alone. i even started decorating cookies by myself. I am not into gingerbread, so i didnt eat EVEN ONE COOKIE. i was really good. forced to be good because i dont like what i was making. what a way to stop your cravings...bake things for others that you dont like.
my friend showed up, we decorated and baked and then decided to deliver the cookies to friends of ours so we wouldnt have all ten gazillion of them lying around waiting for temptation to kick in. BOY that was fun, delivering cookies to four of our close friends. We had a blast and felt like we were truly spreading the holiday cheer to everyone. BEST DAY EVER. at least this year. We decided to make it a tradition to deliver cookies to these friends on the week of christmas. awesome.
at about 3pm, during the baking session, i realized i'd not eaten anything (because of the sleeping in) so i went for a cheddar cheese stick. it was tasty. i usually am not a cheese alone kind of person, but in that moment, it was perfect. at hand, delicious, not cookies. win.
after the delivery of all the cookies was done, we (my sister, my friend and i) went to mcdonalds for some dinner. Since I hadnt eaten all day, i decided on the angus burger without mayo or cheese. (again, not a mayo person, or melty cheese on burgers. or cheese really at all except cheddar, but not on burgers anyway. only melty cheese on nachos...ANYWAY) i got the meal which comes with a drink and fries. not a perfect choice, but i needed some real meat. the angus burger is like something you might cook on your home barbecue, not one of those cookie cutter mcdonalds looking burgers. it was real and it was tasty. and i enjoyed every minute of it. isnt that the point?
tomorrow im going to work on drinking more WATER. i find i get in liquid, but not always the WATER part of the liquids. i think if i work on one thing a day, my days may work out better. less stress, more success.
on the ride home, my sister gave me a cookie she got at work, so i had one cookie for today. that was perfect. in a world with thousands of cookies, i chose the other cookie...and that has made all the difference...wow that was weird, sorry. not a good poetic awesomeness.
its weird that my day can be really messy and filled with take out /eat out food and yet, if i feel good about it at the end of the day, it will have been a good day. thats what i'm aiming for. feeling better about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment