This is where I will document the annoyingly slow ups and downs of this journey called "weightloss"

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

panda express and burger king...

Having started this today, I may as well write about how I survived. NOT WELL. Not terrible, but I could have made a few good choices along the way to help myself to success, but...such is life somedays.
Today my mother, sister and friend headed out to Walmart for some things. We stopped at Panda Express for lunch and that is where I could have chosen better...I had orange chicken and vegetable spring rolls (better than some other options, I have to note) and chow mein noodles with a soda. Soda is not going to be something i'll give up. I am trying not to give up anything on this journey, but rather, learn to deal with it in my life, because having food in my life is a strong reality. There's no avoiding the fact that i have to injest calories to sustain life. I just wish that I would learn faster to "eat to live, not live to eat".
I did, however, stop eating when I wasn't hungry for more. Improvement already. I actually left most of the chow mein on the plate while I cracked into my fortune cookie.
Then I was good for a few hours. I had a refill of the soda for the car because I wanted it. After shopping around at the Dollar Store and Walmart, we headed home. I dropped off our friend that rode along with us and mom and I set off to Burger King (i know, eat at home at least once a day ashley, I know!) to meet dad for some dinner. I chose the whopper jr with no mayo (luckily i hate mayonnaise) and fries and a soda.
After Burger King, I was done for the evening. No more eating went on.
Today I stopped eating when my body told me to.
Today I enjoyed time with friends while out shopping and eating out.
Good start, Ashley.
The first step to changing is admitting you have a problem isnt it? Here goes my first step. I'd say today was successful considering I was in town for two meals of the day. Although I couldve chosen no fries or perhaps steamed vegetables (at panda express), I chose to partake. I have to remind myself that I am not going to deprive, i'm going to learn smaller portions of what i want so that i can have the most success and continue on without feeling deprived (which would make me spiral into an eating frenzy).
keep moving forward.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you shared this with me! I hope you do find success, and that you will find that balance between deprivation and contentment. If you need any "atta girls" along the way, I'm here for you! I'll try really hard not to give unsolicited advice. That never does any good! LOL Your commitment inspires me to recommit. :) Here's to a good day today. For us both!

    And I like your "after" picture. Can we be twins? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so awesome. twins it is! we can all be fabulously brown haired and gorgeous thin awesome. not that we aren't fabulously brown haired and gorgeous. lol. thanks for being there for me. back atcha. i'm here for you too.

    ReplyDelete