This is where I will document the annoyingly slow ups and downs of this journey called "weightloss"

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hot Hot Heat

Well, the heat is kicking my butt, and NOT in a way that is pretty. Tonight, I sit in front of the fan on the floor, with laptop on a lap desk. It is reportedly 92 degrees out there. Luckily, there is little to no precipitation for my body's sake. Although, on the other hand, there is a red alert heat advisory in place in western (most of) Washington. With temperatures so high and humidity down, anything can spark a fire. Saturday and Sunday are set to be thunderstorms. GREAT. More chance of fire.
Today I had breakfast diet coke, and then went to knitting at the senior center where I drank a bottle of water. YES, I had water! For lunch, I went to Finaghty's Pub and had a bacon Caesar salad. That was great (with another two glasses of diet coke). I finally skipped the fries at that restaurant. I always go in with the idea to skip the fries, but they are always too tempting, until today. It was too hot to have hot and heavy potatoes weighing me down.
Mom is making peach pie. No clue yet what i'll find for dinner. I did have a scoop of store bought potato salad earlier.
I will most likely stop at McDonalds tonight for a diet coke mostly because it will be a hot car ride to pick up my sister from work. I'm sure she'd appreciate the cold beverage. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment